Ayurvedic Karkidaka Chikitsa
Explore the Ayurvedic treatment packages we have designed for clients to achieve their specific outcomes and for those want to experience Ayurveda for a healthy life.
So as to maintain a strategic distance from certain unsafe impacts of environmental change, it is important to pursue a particular dietary pattern. Some of the major diet recommendations of Karkidaka treatment are listed here.
- Ajamamsa Rasa (goat meat soup) is recommended to boost immunity.
- Food prepared from old grains, wheat, Yuva( Purana Dhanyam).
- Yusha to be taken (seasoned vegetable soup).
- Masthu (Thairvellam) processed with induppu, powder of panchakola is used.
- Rainwater or water from deep wells, well boiled is used for drinking.
- On a very cloudy day, food should be predominantly sour, salty, Sneha Dravya (ghee (oil). Easily digestible foods are taken.
- Use of Mardhika Madhya (wine) and Arishta Madhya.
- The use of Karkidaka kanji is quite useful and important diet taken in this season.
Karkidaka Treatment is not just following a specific diet pattern but is a practice of avoiding certain routines. It includes:
- Excess exertions (Vyama).
- Day sleeping.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Sheetahara, Vihara (exposure to cold).
- Fish in the diet.
- Avoid potatoes, curd, excess use of garlic and pulses like gram as it causes abdominal discomfort.
As per Ayurveda, a strict regimen or plan is needed to be followed during Karkidaka Chikitsa. Some of the Karkidaka regimens include the following:
- Fumigate the house at dusk so that it will be devoid of moisture.
- Spiritual recitation to invoke the Satwika nature of mind.
- Use perfumes and expose the clothes to fumigation.
- Usage of footwear and umbrella during this season.
Karkidaka kanji, the medicinal porridge is one of the special therapeutic Ayurveda diets that is prescribed during the Karkidakam season to overcome many diseases caused during the monsoon and to improve the immunity of one’s body. Karkidaka Kanji not only cleanses the body from the inside but also aids in good digestion. It is also very effective for improving immunity if taken in a proper manner.
Kanji is a diet which is more satmya to Keralites. Karkidaka kanji as a medicinal gruel is made with Ayurvedic ingredients that have unique therapeutic effects, which help in healing physical discomforts and ailments caused during monsoon season. It promotes easy digestion and also cleanses the body internally. Karkidaka Kanji can be used as both ‘ahara’ and ‘oushada’ and moreover is ‘satmya’ to all people.
The ingredients for preparing Karkidaka Kanji, the medicial rice soup taken as part of Karkidaka Chikitsa includes:
- Njavara rice (Navara Red Rice) – 50 gm
2. Coconut – 250 gm
3. Ghee – 1 tsp
4. Jaggery – sufficient qty
5. Oushada churna – 7 gm
Ajamodaka, Chukku, Uluva, Jeerakam, Elevangam, Jati, Malli, Kurunthotti, Putharichunda, Thazhuthama, Dashapushpa etc.
Karkidaka Kanji or Marunnu Kanji is a special gruel prepared using medicinal herbs which is the major diet to be taken during the Karkidaka Chikitsa. The method of preparing Karkidaka Kanji includes the upcoming steps:
- Boil Njavara rice. When half boiled add the powders of herbal medicine.
- Add Jaggery in liquid form, strained in accordance to taste of the person.
- Add coconut milk and ghee to this.
Undergoing Ayurvedic therapies at this time helps an individual to go through the rest of the year by having a rejuvenated and strengthened body and mind. The therapies during this season not only neutralizes many diseases caused by the change in climatic conditions but also helps in avoiding health problems that spring from the modern way of life and faulty eating habits.
Ayurveda categorizes three main dosha elements- Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Imbalance in these doshas leads to different ailments. Vata represents movement. It controls blood flow, breathing, movement of thoughts and elimination of waste. Pitta represents the energy transformation. It is related to digestion of food, intelligence and understanding. Kapha is responsible for the body nourishment. According to Ayurveda, Karkidakam is considered as the most preferable month for Ayurveda treatments. One of the main reason behind this is that monsoon is the peak season for rain. Studies show that the majority of diseases caused are water-born diseases. As it rains the chance of causing a disease also increases. Subsequently, it is important to keep up your health during monsoon.
At Leelajani Ayur Care a set of treatments are undergone to get rid of monsoon illness. The Karkidaka Chikitsa provided by Leelajani Ayur Care helps each of you to remain healthier and stronger throughout the year. Ayurveda Karkidaka Chikitsa in Leelajani Ayur Care includes special ayurvedic therapies and healing diet, yoga, exclusive Karkidaka treatments, and healthy routines. Major Karkidaka treatment include
• Abhyanga is a form of Ayurvedic treatment that involves massage of the body which gives overall rejuvenation to the body and mind. At Leelajani Ayur Care, we recommend Abhyanga treatment for joint pain as well as other common body pain.
• Swedana or steam therapy is an Ayurvedic treatment which involves inducing sweat from the body. Swedana is a pre-procedure for Panchakarma.
• Basti is an Ayurvedic therapy performed for treating a number of ailments to remove toxins from the body. Basti treatment helps you to get rid of disorders related to Vata such as arthritis, constipation, nervous disorders etc.
• Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic treatment which includes “five procedures” Purvakarma (oil massage and sweating), Virechana (purgation), Vamana (vomiting therapy), Nasya (medicated through the nose) and Niroohavasti (Decoction enema). Panchakarma helps in cleansing and rejuvenating the whole body and mind.
Leelajani Ayur Care Hospital offers Ayurveda Karkidaka Chikitsa package and many other treatments including Panchakarma treatment for curing several disorders. Being one of the best providers of Karkidaka Treatment in Trivandrum, Kerala, Leelajani Ayur Care is preferred by natives as well as tourists for seasonal Ayurvedic treatments such as Monsoon treatment, Panchakarma treatment etc. Make your body completely rejuvenated with the special Karkidaka Chikitsa package from Leelajani Ayur Care Hospital Trivandrum.